“In The Theatre” returns for a third season of podcast episodes, as we gear up for Mainstage 2017 this summer in Vernon BC. Mainstage dates are June 30 to July 8, 2017.
On this episode, I’m pleased to bring on guests Adele Kuyek and Richard Kerton who are leading the charge in organizing the event on the Mainstage committee. We give an overview of the venues and some of the work that goes into putting on a week-long provincial event such as this, and then we get into the nitty gritty of the workshops being offered this year.
It’s a big year for anniversaries, with Theatre BC celebrating its 85th year, the City of Vernon its 125th year, and of course Canada 150 all across the country. In fact, Vernon hosted the very first Mainstage Festival in 1953, so it’s a real treat to be visiting there again.
Online registration for workshops and participants will be available in May through the Theatre BC website, www.theatrebc.org.
Here are some links for this episode:
- Theatre BC Home Page
- Theatre BC Mainstage 2017 Page
- Facebook – Mainstage 2017 Page
- Direct Download: High School Scholarship Award Application (May 31 deadline).
- Applications for Recognition Awards and Scholarships
- Inquiries & Sponsorships, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshop Titles and Descriptions
- Direct Download: Accommodation Information
I’m very happy to bring another season of the podcast back to listeners – there’s no set schedule of release dates, and there’s no shortage of material, so be sure to subscribe with your favourite podcasting app to find out when the latest episode drops.
I hope you enjoy the show, and would love to get your feedback using any of the links you find on this page.